Entry is by ticket only
ALL people over the age of 12 entering the Festival for any reason must have a valid ticket for entry.
The tickets are FREE, but you must have downloaded a ticket from the Festival website prior to entry. You will be required to show that ticket to the gate staff or to the stewards prior to entry. Without a valid ticket, you will not be allowed to enter the Festival.
Tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions of entry. In particular, if you are over the age of 18, you MUST self certify that you have or will obtain a Vaccine Passport which you may be required to show alongside your ticket.
Advice on how to get a confirmation of your vaccine status is available on the NHS Inform website.
Please note that the new Vaccine Passport QR code will be launched shortly – we will post a link to this once it has been made public. Everyone over the age of 18 may be required to show their vaccine passport at the gate.
As the Forfar Mart is considered an indoor venue, current regulations mean that you are required to wear a mask.
General terms and conditions
- If on the day of the event, or in the 10 days prior, you have tested positive for Covid-19, displayed any recognised symptoms of Covid-19, been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or returned from a country which requires a 10-day isolation, then you should not attend the event.
- Wearing of face masks at all times within the Festival boundary is compulsory, unless you have a medical or other valid exemption (as set out in Scottish Government guidance). You may of course remove your face mask for the specific purpose of eating and drinking.
- The use of lateral flow tests in the few days prior to the Festival is recommended. These are available to order for free from the NHS website.
- All tickets remain subject to cancellation in the lead up to the Festival if we are requested to change the event by Angus Council or the Scottish Government.
- Admission to the Festival is subject to the presentation of a valid ticket and a vaccine passport, as well as these terms and conditions. Entering the Festival shall be deemed to be an unqualified acceptance of these conditions.
- Smallholding Scotland reserves the right for it and its representatives or stewards to eject anybody from the Festival if they do not comply with these Conditions
- Notwithstanding the above, Smallholding Scotland reserves the general right to refuse admission to the Festival or to eject anyone from the venue (acting reasonably).
- All visitors will be expected to adhere to all instructions issued regarding hygiene, distancing and general conduct at the Festival.
- Admission to, and exit from, the Festival will be at the designated point(s) only
- In the event that a visitor has requested more than one ticket, they will be ‘lead booker’. Checks will be carried out at points of entry to ensure that the details provided during booking match up with the visitor in attendance at the Festival, and in the event of any discrepancies, the visitor will be refused admission. For the purposes of complying with the Scottish Government’s Test and Protect initiative, it is paramount that Smallholding Scotland knows exactly who is in attendance at the Festival.
- Social distancing will not be required in the Festival in compliance with current Covid regulations. However, we request that visitors use common sense and courtesy towards other visitors, exhibitors and volunteers.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Festival except in the Strathmore Hall where well behaved dogs on fixed (not extending) leads are allowed. No dogs are allowed in the main penning area with the exception of guide dogs used for the purpose of directing the visually and hearing impaired.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not allowed within the Festival.
- Visitors must obey emergency broadcasts or instructions given over the PA system or those made by Police or Stewards.
- Visitors acknowledge that the Festival is a public event and by entering the event they are deemed to have consented to being filmed and having their image broadcast by any means on any media. It is the intention that the entire Festival is recorded for retransmission as a virtual event shortly after its conclusion.