The Festival aims to inform, educate and inspire, and to give you the opportunity to access information and advice from experienced practitioners that will support and encourage you in your future smallholding ventures.
We are going to have a full talks programme and a number of demonstrations all under the theme of “Sustainability on the smallholding”. These will give you lots of information on the hot topic of how to farm sustainably.
We will have lots of other things for you to see and enjoy – shows, showcases, a trade hall and of course the opportunity to catch up with like-minded people!
Competitions and shows
We are running competitive live shows, so we hope you will join us. Entries are now open and close on Friday 1st October, so there’s plenty of time to get your entries ready!
- Our Poultry & Waterfowl Show has classes for turkeys, geese, ducks and poultry.
- Our Sheep show has a range of classes focused on young stock as well as best horns and young handler sections
- Our Goat show also features classes for young stock and entries are also expected for the best horns and young handler competitions
- The Pig show is back! The Kune Kune society will be running their classes and we are hoping to have a wider competition for all traditional breeds of pig.
- Our Garden, Craft & Kitchen competition has classes for growing, craft, cookery, photography, honey, and eggs.
We are also running online virtual shows using photographs for cattle and equines.