The Festival aims to inform, educate and inspire, and to give you the opportunity to access information and advice from experienced practitioners that will support and encourage you in your future smallholding ventures.
The 2022 Festival will have a programme of talks in the Store Ring, including a “Big Issue” debate; the Sheep Ring will be used for practical demonstrations.
We will have lots of other things for you to see and enjoy – shows, showcases, a trade hall and of course the opportunity to catch up with like-minded people!
Competitions and shows
We are running competitive shows, so we hope you will join us. Entries are now open and close on Saturday 1st October, so there’s plenty of time to get your entries ready!
- Our Poultry & Waterfowl Show has classes for turkeys, geese, ducks and poultry.
- Our Sheep show has a range of classes focused on young stock as well as best horns and young handler sections. The young handler classes have changed to allow young handlers to show their own lambs, regardless of whether they are prdigree or not. Our judge will be looking for knowledge of sheep and sheep care, as well as handling skills.
- Our Goat show also features classes for young stock and young handler competitions
- The Pig show has classes for all traditional breeds of pig and well as the delightful Kunekune. And there’s classes for handlers too – involving pig agility!
- Our Garden, Craft & Food competition has classes for preserving, baking, hand crafts, raw fleece, sticks and crooks, honey, and eggs as well as a section especially for youngsters.
There are two photography competitions – one for cattle and one for equines. Entries will open on 15th May and close 10th October, and winners will be announced on Friday 21st October.